Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Chief Justice's Ruling - Dabdoub v Vaz

The Court of Appeal has handed down its written reasons for upholding the ruling of the Chief Justice.In order to fully appreciate the reasoning, it is prudent to place such in the context of the deliberations before the Supreme Court. The Chief Justice goes into detail the arguments that were pertinent to her decisions.

As is the pattern, such is posted without any comment.

For what it is worth, my comments have been posted in earlier blogs: notably Beyond McCalla and Lessons for Parliamentarians.

Dabdoub v Vaz[1]

2 comments:

Gaell said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Joannah

http://linuxmemory.net

s.orenda said...

I came across your blog while researching the Vaz - Dabdoub case. Despite agreeing with the judicial decision, I feel that significance of the case has been over looked and with it an opportunity for greater clarification of the constitution.